The easiest way to ensure a smooth ride in your vehicle is with routine car maintenance. Maintenance is single-handily the number one way to keep your car in its best condition possible. When it comes to car maintenance, Riverview Lincoln has you covered. We're the preferred new and used car dealership in Fredericton, New Brunswick, serving the surrounding areas of Oromocto, Hampton, Saint John, Moncton, Woodstock and Sussex.
GUIDELINES FOR HEALTHY VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
No one wants to deal with car trouble. While we can't guarantee you'll never have to face the stress of seeing that pesky engine light, there are a few easy ways to keep your car in its best condition. The following are some guidelines for healthy vehicle maintenance to ensure your vehicle is ready for the road.
Make sure all interior and exterior lights are running correctly. While it seems simple, often with used cars, these lights can go out without the driver noticing.
- Wear on your tires. Worn tires can spell doom for a driver who was to make a sudden stop or turn. They can also drive up your fuel consumption due to lower air pressure.
- Check your oil fluid level. While newer cars have electronic detections to warn you when your fluid levels are low, used vehicles often don't have this feature. That's why it's essential to check your engine's oil fluid level. Just make sure your engine has cooled down first.
- Check your windshield fluid level. Again, while this may not seem like a big deal, checking your windshield fluid level can prevent any unseen accident when it comes to windshield visibility.
MONTHLY MAINTENANCE BASICS
In addition to the above checklist, there are a few monthly maintenance basics you can perform to keep your vehicle running smoothly.
- Oil change. By far the most crucial maintenance procedure for your car. Monthly oil changes prevent sludge build-up and wearing out your car engine.
- Tire rotation. To keep your car's tires safe from any unnecessary or uneven wear.
- Wheel balancing and alignment. These services can prevent your car from veering to the side while driving and prevents premature tire wear.
CONTACT US TO SCHEDULE SERVICE APPOINTMENT
With these monthly maintenance basics, you can ensure your car is running smoothly. However, while the procedures may seem simple, they can create headaches if this is your first time. Instead of scratching your head the next time you pop open the hood, contact us to schedule a service appointment. Better yet, if you're tired of dealing with the hassle of used cars, apply for financing through our financing application for a pre-approval. And while you're at it, check out our new Lincoln inventory.